Torrent Negre Red Miquel Gelabert
- Grape varieties: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Cabernet Franc
- Growing system: Espalier training
- Vineyard location: District of Manacor
- Designation: D.O.P. Pla i Llevant-Mallorca
- Type of wine: Red “Crianza”
- Alcohol content: 14- 14.5 % vol.
- Fermentation: Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures. Malolactic fermentation in oak.
- Ageing: 12 months in new French and American oak, followed by ageing in bottle.
Unfortunately until further notice regarding Brexit we can’t ship to the U.K.
Tasting notes: Clean and bright, very intensely coloured wine with a deep, cherry red hue and a garnet rim. On the nose, the wine is dominated by ripe fruit, which harmonizes with the complex, elegant notes from ageing (coffee, tobacco, vanilla, leather). On the palate, the wine displays wonderful balance with an abundance of silky and very expressive tannins, a meaty character and a very long finish playing back the fruity and spicy aromas.
Food Pairing: pairs well with game, red meats, stews and matured cheeses.
Serving temperature: between 18- 19 ºC